Friday, February 25, 2011

From life

When you have sons, in a way you relive your own youth. It is great fun, very often, and one of the things which gave us delight was a wacky song by Afrikaans singer Robbie Wessels.



Wessels did a song called Leeuloop, which is "lion-walk" in English. It is full of double entendres. Anyway, I did a sketch of younger son Doug in 'O6, and then added a speech bubble including a line from the song.



Elder son Luke, sketched at home in '06. Both are not very flattering, but I'm sure they'll forgive me.



This was done on a rumpled bit of paper, but I don't know who it is.



While sitting at a petrol station, I used a Shell flyer I'd just been given to quickly draw this woman in an adjacent car.



I accompanied my wife to church for several years in the late 1990s, early 2000s. Here I drew a member of the choir alongside some biblical clip-art on the day's programme.



I'm afraid a little envelope meant for a donation ended up with a drawing of one of the parishioners on it.



Younger son Doug also got in on the act, drawing a fan attached to the wall inside the church on the back of the same envelope. These were done in 2005, when Doug would have been about 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment